Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yunnan Pu er




    Yesterday I was at Indigo sipping on a Rooibos Latte (and then a Lychee bubble tea) and I came across a bag of Yunnan Pu er. Seeing as how one of our members has been raving about it I had to pick it up.

      Many people, including myself, think of it at first as a green tea. As I looked into the background on good old Wikipedia I found out that it is actually in two classifications and some people only classify it as a post fermented tea. The whole history and information on the tea is quite interesting if you have time to go and read it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea

Name: Yunnan Pu er
Type: Green, post-fermented
Company/Purchased: Indigo
Comments: Honestly, I don't fancy the flavor. It doesn't come off as earthy like most green teas do. It reminds me more of green beans. However it isn't so bad that it's going to sit in my cabinet. I'm going to try different steep times and see if that does anything. I'll let you know what happens.

Have you tried Pu er?

No comments:

Post a Comment